If you are getting divorced, it is crucial to hire an attorney who can assist you with your case and advise you throughout the process. For many, this is a first-time experience and knowing exactly what to look for may be challenging. With so many options available out there, it can be difficult to narrow it down, so we compiled some tips to help you make your choice.
How to Choose the Right Divorce Attorney
The specific details of your case will play a major role in what sort of attorney would be best to represent you. For example, if you are going through a high-asset divorce, you will need an attorney with extensive experience in handling cases that involve substantial or complex assets.
During your initial consultation, consider asking the following questions:
- Do you specialize in divorce? How long have you been practicing and how many cases have you handled?
- What sort of strategies do you believe are right for my case and do you have an idea of long it may take to achieve a resolution?
- Who else will be working on my case and how much experience do they have?
- How long does it take for your office to return calls?
- What is your retainer and hourly rate? What other costs might I incur (such as forensic accountants and private investigators) and how will I be charged for them?
- How will you help me understand the tax implications of some of the decisions I will have to make throughout my case?
You should also choose an attorney you feel comfortable with. Keep in mind that you will be sharing a lot of intimate and personal details throughout this process, so if you are not comfortable with your choice of attorney, this can become an even more arduous experience.
Speak to Our Skilled Divorce Attorney During an Initial Consultation Today!
If you are planning to end your marriage, the knowledgeable legal team at Kay Polk, Attorney at Law can provide the advice you need to ensure you obtain the best possible results for your case. With our attorney on your side, you can feel confident that your interests will be protected and you will always be aware of all your legal options.
Reach out to our law office today at (713) 234-6260 to schedule a consultation with our experienced attorney to learn more about what we can do to help you.