Enforcement of Custody / Support

Custody/Support Enforcement in Houston

Enforcing Conservatorship, Access & Child Support Orders

After parents get a divorce, they must comply with court orders pertaining to conservatorship (custody), possession and access (visitation), and child support. Compliance is mandatory, and failure to follow such orders may have serious repercussions, including license suspension, fines, liens, and even incarceration.

If you need help seeing a custody or support order enforced, or if you are facing enforcement proceedings, do not wait to seek legal counsel. Acting quickly and working with a competent Houston attorney can help ensure that your rights and interests are protected.

Attorney Kay Polk is uniquely qualified to handle cases involving children. She has extensive experience as an amicus attorney, which is a type of court-appointed attorney who acts in the best interests of a child in family law proceedings. This inside knowledge serves her well as she represents her clients’ interests in custody and support enforcement proceedings.

For more information on the enforcement of access, possession, and support in the Houston area, call (713) 234-6260. Our skilled team is here for you.

How Can I Enforce Child Support in TX?

In Texas, the Office of the Attorney General has the authority to take specific measures against persons who fail to comply with child support orders. Child support enforcement remedies may include:

  • License suspension
  • Passport denial
  • Liens
  • Credit bureau reporting
  • Lottery intercept
  • Civil contempt
  • Criminal contempt

Whether you need help as a parent who is receiving or paying child support, you can count on our Houston law firm to help with enforcement proceedings. We also are skilled in handling modifications, if a significant change in circumstances warrants a change in a child support order.

Enforcement of Possession & Access (Visitation)

Also referred to as parenting time or visitation, access is the term used in Texas to describe the time a non-custodial parent spends with a child. Although possession and access orders are established as part of the child support process, enforcement of access is not handled by the Office of the Attorney General or in child support courts. District or county courts handle visitation enforcement matters in Texas.

If you need to see a visitation order enforced or are facing allegations that you are in violation of a visitation order, Houston lawyer Kay Polk may be able to help. This may include mediation, filing a motion for enforcement on your behalf, or defending you against enforcement proceedings. Regardless of your specific needs, you can trust that we will truly listen to your concerns and fully address your goals.

Contact us at (713) 234-6260 today to discuss your child support or visitation enforcement needs.

Committed to Helping

You Face Divorce & Family Law Challenges 
  • Client Satisfaction, Communication, and Education is Priority
  • Exclusively Focus on Divorce & Family Law Cases
  • Access to a Wide Range of Resources to Creatively Handle Your Case
  • Over 18 Years of Experience Helping Hundreds of Families

Schedule Your

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.